Lend your professional insight to help reduce infant mortality!
A Healthy Baby Begins with You...in Your Community
The Office of Minority Health (OMH), a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is calling on health professionals and communities across America to join forces in bringing an educational campaign to raise awareness about the high infant mortality rates in the African American population.
As part of the National Partnership for Action to End Health Disparities, the campaign A Healthy Baby Begins with You needs community and faith-based organizations, city and state health departments, offices of minority health, and private sector partners to step up.
What You Need
- Commitment to hold an event. To bring A Healthy Baby Begins with You events to cities across America we need health departments and local communities to step up. Sign up today!
- A local organization to host the event. It is best to find a location in the heart of the most affected communities. We have hosted events at community centers, clinics, organizations, churches, and other venues for 100 to 150 people.
- Your convening power. Who knows the community better than those who serve it directly? You know whom to call, on whose door to knock, and who to enlist to fill out an event.
What To Do
- Organize the A Healthy Baby Begins with You event, with emphasis in drawing attention to local resources.
- Request materials from us and other partners.
- Check this A Healthy Baby Begins with You Baby Shower Toolkit
- Organize a press conference.
- Pitch stories to local and national media.
- Register your event at our website Event Submission
- Ask questions: email@example.com or 1-800-444-6472.
You could be the hand…our future is waiting. A healthy baby truly begins with all of us!