The OMHRC Knowledge Center has made some recent acquisitions this month! Among them are: (This is only a partial listing).
Knowledge Center Library Acquisitions
May is designated as Lupus Awareness Month. The Knowledge Center has focused on developing a collection of materials related to lupus, both for patients and health professionals. Below are some informative publications for patients and families living with lupus. Search these titles in our library catalog to find the full text version of many of these booklets.
- Do I Have Lupus? [¿Tengo Lupus?]. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 2009. 49 p. MH03D5978
- For Inquiring Teens with Lupus: Our Thoughts, Issues & Concerns. New York, NY: Hospital for Special Surgery, 2003. 20 p. (In English and Chinese) MH07D7633
- Living with Lupus: The Complete Guide. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, Lifelong Books, 2004. 263 p. MH10D9832
- Lupus: A Patient's Guide to Diagnosis, Treatment, and Lifestyle. Chicago, IL: Hilton Publishing Company, 2007. 190 p. MH07D8110
- The Lupus Book: Guide for Patients and Their Families. 4th ed. Cary, NC: Oxford University Press, 2009. 294 p. MH09D9356
- Lupus: The Facts. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, 2008. 101p. MH09D9335
- The Many Shades of Lupus: Information for Multicultural Communities. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 2001. 27 p. MH01D4713
- Talking about Lupus and Lupus: Myth & Facts. New York, NY: LANtern (Lupus Asian Network) Program, . 2 p. (In English and Chinese) MH09D9159
You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ to view PDF files located on this site. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat® Reader™, you can download here for free.