We support health equity for all Americans.
(English / Spanish)
FYI: Minority Resources...Money & More
June 12, 2013
FYI: Minority Resources...Money & More
Provided by the Office of Minority Health Resource Center's Information Services Team
June 12, 2013
OMHRC's Upcoming Webinar Training: Why All The Excitement About Logic Models? on June 20, 2013!
The HHS' Office of Minority Health Resource Center's Capacity Building Division
invites you to an organizational training on understanding Logic Models. The webinar will provide participants an understanding of what makes up a logic model and how the parts are connected to depict a theory of change. Successful organizations have a clear understanding of their mission, vision, values, goals, and program strategies in order to attain their expected outcomes. This webinar will demonstrate how logic models show how a program is intended to work. The Why all the excitement about logic models?
webinar will be held on June 20, 2013 , 3:00 pm -4:30 pm ET.
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now
Minority Population Specific: $500k or more . . .
- HHS/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: It Takes a Village: Building State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Partnerships for Community Preparedness and Response Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Administration for Children and Families: Center for Research on Hispanic Children & Families Grant. View Full Announcement
Minority Population Specific: $500k or less . . .
- HHS/Administration for Children and Families/The Office of Refugee Resettlement: Projects to Establish Individual Development Account (IDA) Programs for Refugees Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Advancing Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention (aSBI) and CHOICES in American Indian and Alaska Native Populations through Training and Technical Assistance Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Tribal Public Health Capacity Building and Quality Improvement Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/National Institutes of Health: Limited Competition: Initiative to Maximize Research Education in Genomics (R25): Diversity Action Plan Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Partnerships with Community-Based Organizations (CBO) Grant. View Full Announcement
$500k or more . . .
- HHS/Administration for Community Living: National Resource Center on Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Programs financed by 2013 Prevention and Public Health Funds Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Administration for Community Living: The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act: A National Resource Center Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Administration for Community Living: Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act: Medicare Savings Program, Low Income Subsidy & Prescription Drug Enrollment Assistance through the Aging Network, State Health Insurance Assistance Program and Aging & Disability Resource Centers Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: Safe Schools/Healthy Students State Planning, Local Education Agency, and Local Community Cooperative Agreements, (Short Title: SS/HS State Program) Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services/Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight: Grants to States to Support Health Insurance Rate Review and Increase Transparency in Health Care Pricing, Cycle III Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two Grant. View Full Announcement
- DOJ/Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention: OJJDP FY 2013 Second Chance Act Reentry Program for Juveniles with Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Health Disorders Grant. View Full Announcement [PDF | 210KB ]
$500k or less . . .
- HHS/Health Resources & Services Administration: Rural Access to Emergency Devices Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Health Resources & Services Administration: State and Regional Approaches to Improving Access to Services for Children and Youths with Epilepsy Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Implementation of Essentials for Childhood: Safe, Stable, Nurturing Relationships and Environments Grant. Learn More
- HHS/Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: Using New Media to Prevent Substance Abuse and HIV/AIDS for Populations at High Risk (Short Title: SA & HIV/AIDS Prevention & New Media) Grant. View Full Announcement
Non Federal Grants
$500k or less . . .
- DentaQuest Foundation: Innovation Fund for Oral Health Grant. View Full Announcement [PDF | 459KB]
- The Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs: Every Mother Action Learning Collaborative (ALC) Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Archived webinar available. Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two - Overview. Learn More
Affordable Care Act
- The National Academy for State Health Policy: New report released. Health Care Reform and Children: Planning and Design Considerations for Policymakers. Read Full Report
- The Kaiser Family Foundation: New research brief report released. Key Lessons from Medicaid and CHIP for Outreach and Enrollment Under the Affordable Care Act. Read Full Report
- The HHS Partnership Center: Spanish language webinar. Q and A on the ACA (in Spanish). June 12, 2013, 3:00 pm ET. Learn More
- The HHS Partnership Center: Webinar. The Health Care Law - Health Insurance Marketplace 101. June 19, 2013, 12:30 pm ET. Learn More
American Indians/Alaska Native Health
- Men's Health Network: New report released. A Vision for Wellness and Health Equity for American Indian and Alaska Native Boys and Men. Read Full Report
- Indian Health Services: Webinar. Partnering for Wellness: Charting a Course to Hope, Healing and Health for Native Males and Their Families. June 13, 2013, 1:00 pm ET. Learn More
Asian American Health
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum: Training. National Asian American, Native Hawaiian
and Pacific Islander Program Manager Training. July 23-25, 2013 in Oakland, CA. Learn More
- The South Carolina Rural Health Research Cente: New report released. Diffusion of Preventive Innovation: Racial and Rural Differences in Cervical Cancer Prevention Control Practices. Read Full Report
- SAMHSA: Continuity of Care and Follow-Up App Challenge challenges individuals and organizations with the development of an application (app) that will provide linkages to continuity of care and follow-up care for a person at risk for suicide who was discharged from an inpatient unit or emergency department. Submissions due by August 9, 2013. Learn More
- Text4Baby: The 2013 Text4baby State Enrollment Contest has states compete to enroll as many participants as possible in the service. All fifty states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are eligible to compete. Learn More
- NIH: Final Statement report released from the NIH Consensus Development Conference, Diagnosing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Learn More
- National Safety Council: Recognizes June as National Safety Month: Safety Starts with Me. Free materials, including posters and tip sheets, are now available. Learn More
- The Leapfrog Group: New online date tool that compares hospitals' performance on the national standards of safety, quality, and efficiency that are most relevant to consumers and purchasers of care. Leapfrog Group Hospital Survey . Learn More
- Master's In Public Health: Online resource website masters in public health students, offering online directories, scholarship opportunities and educational resources. Learn More
- National Association of County and City Health Officials: 2013 Annual Conference, Public Health by the Numbers. Our Story. Our Time. Our Future. July 7-10, 2013 in Dallas, TX. Learn More
- CMS: Webinar. The Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. June 13, 2013, 4:00 pm ET. Other dates and time are available. Learn More
- Hispanic-Serving Health Professions Schools (HSHP): Workshop. HSHPS Professional Development and Data Systems Workshop. The workshop is for junior faculty, post-doctoral students, doctoral students, and masters students from any institution interested in Hispanic health research. July 25 - 26, 2013 in Bethesda, MD. View Full Announcement
- Greater Than AIDS: Recognizing June 27, 2013 as National HIV Testing Day: Knowledge is Power. Downloadable and free hardcopy materials now available. Learn More
- CDC: New HIV Testing Campaign for Latino Gay and Bisexual Men. Reasons/Razones. Learn More
- HHS Office of Minority Health Resource Center: National African Immigrant Project is hosting a free webinar training. Breaking the Glass: Navigating Sexual Health & HIV Stigma with African Immigrants and Refugees. June 28, 2013, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET. Learn More
- HHS: Press Release. HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius statement on National Men's Health Week and Father's Day. Learn More
- Men's Health Network: New White Paper released from the Men's Health Braintrust, Dialogue on Health. A Framework for Advancing the Overall Health of America's Boys and Men. Read Full Report [PDF | 1.56MB]
- Office of Adolescent Health: An interactive online training tool now available. Fatherhood E-Learning Module. Learn More
- The Indian Health Service: Online Training. TeleBehavioral Health Center for Excellence Suicide Training, serves as an eight-part series on suicide training. This series will cover Operation S.A.V.E. (gatekeeper), Risk Assessment and Safety Planning. June- August, 2013. Learn More
- AHRQ: New Effective Health Care Program report released. Childhood Obesity Prevention Programs: Comparative Effectiveness Review and Meta-Analysis. Read Full Report
You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ to view PDF files located on this site. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat® Reader™, you can download here for free.
Content Last Modified: 6/12/2013 3:33:00 PM