We support health equity for all Americans.
(English / Spanish)
FYI: Minority Resources...Money & More
July 10, 2013
FYI: Minority Resources...Money & More
Provided by the Office of Minority Health Resource Center's Information Services Team
July 10, 2013
*Rescheduled* OMHRC's Webinar: the Glass: Navigating Sexual Health & HIV Stigma with African Immigrants and Refugees. July 12!
The HHS Office of Minority Health Resource Center's National African Immigrant Project
is providing a webinar targeting clinicians that work with African immigrants with HIV and its co-morbidities. The webinar, Breaking the Glass: Navigating Sexual Health & HIV Stigma with African Immigrants and Refugees,
will address HIV stigma as it pertains to African clients, MSM in the African community, FGM, gender issues and medical adherence. The webinar will address some of the cultural barriers that prevent African clients from accessing treatment and care and adhering to prescribed medications. The Breaking the Glass: Navigating Sexual Health & HIV Stigma with African Immigrants and Refugees?
webinar will be held on July 12, 2013 from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm ET.
Space is limited. https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/283242858
Minority Population Specific: $500k or more . . .
- HHS/National Institutes of Health: Native American Research Centers for Health (NARCH) (S06) Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Administration for Native Americans: Native Asset Building Initiative Grant. View Full Announcement
Minority Population Specific: $500k or less . . .
- HHS/The Administration for Children & Families: Human Services Research Partnerships -Puerto Rico Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Administration for Native Americans: Sustainable Employment and Economic Development Strategies (SEEDS) Grant. View Full Announcement
$500k or more . . .
- HHS/Health Resources & Services Administration: Providing Support for the Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (CoIIN) to Reduce Infant Mortality Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/National Institutes of Health: Sexually Transmitted Infections Cooperative Research Centers (STI CRC) (U19) Grant. View Full Announcement
$500k or less . . .
- HHS/National Institutes of Health: Developing a Point-of-Care Device for the Diagnosis of Sickle Cell Disease in Low Resource Settings SBIR (R43/ R44) Grant. View Full Announcement
- HHS/Health Resources & Services Administration: Social and Behavioral Interventions to Increase Solid Organ Donation Grant. View Full Announcement
Non Federal Grants
$500k or more . . .
- The National Science Foundation: NSF Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) Grant. View Full Announcement
$500k or less . . .
- US Department of State: The 2013-2014 Virtual Student Foreign Service (VSFS) eInternship. These eInternships are virtual and students have a flexible virtual work schedule during the academic year, allowing both academic and eInternship goals to be met. View Full Announcement
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: Leadership Development Program. Participants in this year-long program will learn valuable leadership skills and gain exposure to the roles and mission of ASCO and the Society's powerful place in developing the future of cancer care. View Full Announcement
Affordable Care Act
- HHS: New and updated resources now available to assist Americans and small businesses to get ready for October 1st, when the new Health Insurance Marketplace will open for enrollment. New resources include: an updated consumer focused website (in English and Spanish); a toll free call center open 24/7 and available in over 150 languages; and an Online Chat also open 24/7. Learn More
- Maryland Health Benefit Exchange: A new online resource for Maryland residents. The Maryland Health Connection: The Health Insurance Marketplace that Serves You. Learn More
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: New report released. Are State Medicaid Managed Care Programs Ready for 2014?: A Review of Eight States. Read Full Report [PDF | 285KB]
- HRSA: Archived webinar presentation now available. Affordable Care Act and You. If your computer does not have speakers you can call 1.888.566.0614 to hear the audio. Learn More
- Kaiser Family Foundation: New data report released. A State-by-State Snapshot of Poverty Among Seniors: Findings From Analysis of the Supplemental Poverty Measure. Read Full Report
American Indians/Alaska Native Health
- Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board: New media materials designed to reduce stigma and promote HIV testing among American Indian and Alaska Native LGBT2S community members are now available. Native. Tested. Proud: Media Campaign. Learn More
- Men's Health Network: Continues Youth and Young Men webinar series co-hosted by: Indian Health Services, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the Office of Minority Health and Society of Public Health Education. Charting a Course to Hope, Healing and Health. July 18, 2013, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm ET.
For Native Males Learn More
Asian American Health
- National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum*NYC: Community Discussion event. Health Resource Guide Discussion. July 25, 2013 in New York, NY. Learn More
- Maryland Governor's Commission on Caribbean Affairs: The Caribbean Market Place on Health and Wellbeing Fair and Symposium, Navigating Health Care, Nutrition, and Quality of Life for the Caribbean Community in Maryland. July 27, 2013, 10:00 am - 1:30 pm in Silver Spring , MD. Learn More [PDF | 331KB]
Cultural Competency & CLAS
- The Cross Cultural Health Care Program/The American Medical Association: Webinar. 360° Organizational Assessment: A C-CAT Informational Webinar. July 23, 2013 11:00 am PT. Learn More
- AHRQ: New online resource available designed to help hospitals engage patients and families in their care. Guide to Patient and Family Engagement in Hospital Safety and Quality. Read Full Report
- AHRQ: Webinar. Free Continuing Education Resources for Safety Net Health Professionals from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. July 12, 2013, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET. Learn More
- SAMHSA: Webinar. Improving Quality and Access to Integrated Care for Racially Diverse and Limited English Proficiency Communities. July 16, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET. Presenters include: Katherine Sanchez, LCSW, PhD; Teresa Chapa, PhD, MPA, US HHS Office of Minority Health; Henry Chung, M.D., Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Care Management Company (CMO) of Montefiore Medical Center. Learn More
- Nebraska DHHS Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity: Minority Health Conference and Community Health Worker/Lay Health Ambassador Summit. Connecting Communities: Learning, Sharing and Improving Health Together. July 25, 2013 in Grand Island, NE. View Full Announcement
- Association of American Medical Colleges: Seminar. 2013 AAMC Minority Faculty Career Development. September 20 - 23, 2013 in New Orleans, LA. Learn More
- The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies: National Health Equity Conference, PLACE MATTERS: Creating a Road Map for Health & Economic Justice. October 2, 2013 in Washington, DC. Learn More
- National Council of La Raza: New report released. Monthly Latino Employment Report. Read Full Report
- Salud America!: New research materials now available. Active Spaces and Latino Kids. Materials include: a research review with the latest science; an issue brief; an infographic; and an animated video. Learn More
- World Health Organization: New guideline report released. Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection. Read Full Report [PDF | 2.69MB]
- The AIDS Institute: New online resource now available. Coverage Guide for HIV testing. Learn More
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum: New report released. Case Studies to Improve Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander HIV /AIDS Data Collection, Reporting, and Dissemination. Learn More [PDF | 1.93MB]
- CDC/Divisions of HIV/AIDS Prevention and STD Prevention: Webinar co-hosted by National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers. Passport to Partner Services. July 18, 2013, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm ET. Learn More
- HHS: New blog released. Improving Health for LGBT Americans. Learn More
- Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions: Quality Healthcare for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender People: A Four-Part Cultural Competence Webinar Series. Part 3: Clinical Skills for the Care of Transgender Individuals. , July 11, 2013, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm ET. Learn More
- The National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse: Online resource now available. Dad Stats, provides a wide range of research and statistics related to the effect that fathers can have on their children. Learn More
- Maine Rural Health Research Center: New Research & policy brief report released. Rural Children Experience Different Rates of Mental Health Diagnosis and Treatment. Read Full Report [PDF | 308KB]
- The Health Education Council/Break Free Alliance: Conference. Promising Practices 2014: Promoting Tobacco-Free Living and Healthy Eating in Low Socioeconomic Status Communities. April 28 - 29, 2013 in Crystal City, Arlington, VA. Learn More
You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ to view PDF files located on this site. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat® Reader™, you can download here for free.
Content Last Modified: 7/10/2013 4:30:00 PM