The Knowledge Center collection includes documents specifically related to minority populations, both for consumers and health professionals. Here are some new additions to the collection which point out the importance of access to health care for American Indians and Alaska Natives. “Search the library catalog” using the link to the left, and find the full text version of many of these documents.
Knowledge Center Library Acquisitions
1. Actualizing Health Care Reform for Urban Indians: An Action Plan from the Urban Indian Health Summit. Seattle, WA: Urban Indian Health Institute, 2011. 21 p. MH11D10276
2. The Affordable Care Act Helps American Indians and Alaska Natives. Washington, DC: The Office of Public Engagement, The White House, 2012. 3 p. MH12D10933
3. The American Indian and Alaska Native Population: 2010. Washington, DC: U.S. Census Bureau, 2012. 21 p. MH13D11714
4. The Future of the Tribal College Movement - TCJ: Tribal College Journal of American Indian Higher Education: Special Issue. Mancos, CO: American Indian Higher Education Consortium, 2012. 59 p. MH12D11613
5. Implications of Health Reform for American Indian and Alaska Native Populations. Princeton, NJ: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2012. 7 p. MH12D11014
6. Plagues, Politics, and Policy: A Chronicle of the Indian Health Services, 1955-2008. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2011. 237 p. MH12D11334
7. A Vision for Wellness and Health Equity for American Indian and Alaska Native Boys and Men. Washington, DC: Men's Health Network, 2013. 5 p. MH13D11850
You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ to view PDF files located on this site. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat® Reader™, you can download here for free.