About the Glossary
Glossary Work Group
Tell Us What You Think
For comments and other suggestions, please email: email@example.com
The steps used to select and develop the content of the glossary were the following:
- Main entries in English were selected based on the public health reference materials of HIV prevention in the U.S.
- Homologous or equivalent terms in Spanish were researched, as well as commonly used existing translations.
- Suggested alternatives to the proposed terms were provided based on experience and daily practice.
- Formative research was conducted in the early stages of the project in a form of focus groups with experts who serve multicultural Spanish-speaking populations in the United States, including Puerto Rico, to shape content, categories, format, and distribution channels.
- The final document was reviewed by the Glossary Work Group and 16 specialists with more than five years of practical experience on HIV prevention in the U.S. and its territories.
You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ to view PDF files located on this site. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat® Reader™, you can download here for free.