April is National Minority Health Month, and this year the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Minority Health (OMH) and its partners are highlighting the important role individuals and organizations can play in helping to reduce health disparities and improve the health of racial and ethnic minority and American Indian/Alaska Native communities.
The theme for this year’s National Minority Health Month is Give Your Community a Boost! The theme focuses on the continued importance of COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as one of the strongest tools we can use to protect communities from COVID-19, which has disproportionately affected communities of color. CDC data show that some racial and ethnic minority groups — particularly Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, and American Indian or Alaska Native people are at increased risk of getting sick, having more severe illness, and dying from COVID-19. Give Your Community a Boost! also supports the many other efforts happening in communities across the country to advance health equity.
OMH invites you to #BoostYourCommunity by using, sharing, and attending these National Minority Health Month (NMHM) resources and events with your organization, communities, and network! Visit the National Minority Health Month Events page to view a list of upcoming events. Download and share OMH’s National Minority Health Month toolkit for easy access to the information and links below.
SHARE INFORMATION ON COVID-19 & HEALTH DISPARITIES
- Visit our Partner Resources page for talking points, toolkits, and other resources to add to your site.
- Download and share guidance on COVID-19 boosters.
- Download and share the U.S. Surgeon General’s Misinformation Campaign Toolkit.
- Visit OMH’s population profiles for data on key health topics impacting racial and ethnic minorities and AI/AN communities to help with your discussion.
CREATE AND SHARE NATIONAL MINORITY HEALTH MONTH CONTENT
- Use OMH’s shareable social media on your social media accounts.
- Download National Minority Health Month backgrounds for your Instagram and Facebook stories.
- Create your own National Minority Health photo frame using OMH’s template.
- Use this drop-in article to highlight campaign resources and information in a short blurb in your e-newsletters.
- Use these National Minority Health Month-themed templates to help with your events: